Saturday, October 22, 2011

Riding First Class

Before you get too excited...no we didn't fly with the babies and no we didn't sit in 'first class' (I am still waiting to scratch that one off my personal bucket list).  But we did take the babies to BJ's and the LOVED riding together in the big cart (with leg holes and safety straps for two).  I consider this an upgrade from the usual one kid in the cart and another kid in the Baby Borne scenario (which works great).  This time around they each had a companion in arms reach...and they took advantage of it.

First class seats...in a shopping cart, that is.

Tommy looks like he is trying to escape but I swear, he wasn't.  He was having a blast!  Lily was too.  Did you notice she had successfully removed her left sock (the sock is riding in the undercarriage...or baggage compartment).

It only took them a few minutes to realize they were in touching distance of one another.  Then the petting, poking and pulling began.  It was all in good fun and the babies thoroughly enjoyed it.  Lily started by pulling Tommy's ear.  He giggled in response...and it was on.  The two took turns pulling each other's ears for what seemed like 10 minutes.  A small crowd gathered to witness this exchange.  It was adorable!  And the sound of two babies laughing in delight with one another was just awesome.  I wish I had thought to pull out my phone to video at least part of it...but I too was caught up in the moment.

After awhile I did have to butt in to remind them to be gentle.  The pulling was growing in force.  Soon the novelty of the ear-pulling-giggle-fits wore off.  We may not have actually been in 'first class' but I imagine witnessing that exchange was far sweeter and much more memorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment