Sunday, August 5, 2012

Waving Fields of Beans (I mean grain)

The babies* love spending time at the farm.  This weekend we measured them against the soybeans.  Looks like the beans have outgrown the babies...although it is hard to tell since they ran away faster than I could take the picture of them standing at the edge of the field.

Lily got out of the frame and Tommy is not far behind.
They might not be taller than the soybeans...but they are faster!

 
Tommy and Lily love the wide open spaces at the farm.  They love to take off.  When we are lucky they head in the same direction...but not usually. 


Zeke and Daddy are trying to stay with them.

Caught!  Daddy caught up with the babes before they crossed the brook.


Watching Lily and Tommy run around the farm reminds me how lucky I was to grow up there.  They are lucky too.  Not many kids in New Jersey have those kinds of experiences.  I hope someday they too appreciate our family's unique situation.


*When talking about both Lily and Tommy together, I still often refer to them as 'the babies.'  I was warned early on not to call them 'the twins' because it will effect the way the identify themselves.  'Kids' seems to mature and a bit slang-ish to me.I won't be able to say that much longer, since they already toddlers-- but I am going to continue in denial until it becomes a ridiculous descriptor-- sometime around their first day of Kindergarten. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment