Thursday, August 2, 2012

Butterfly Time

I was given a monarch butterfly chrysalis at our county 4-H Fair (a handsome reward for helping the Butterfly Lady move her table).  I know the kids are a bit young for a science project of this magnitude but they were certainly excited to see their butterfly once she emerged.  I should note that I am guessing she is a she- her veins are pretty thick, which is usually indicative of a female.

Our first butterfly waiting patiently to be released from her cup.


Spreading her wings in preparation for her first flight.

Lily looking at her in wonder.
Tommy wouldn't come out onto the porch without his shoes on.
He watched from the doorway.

This is the last picture of our butterfly. 
When I took off the cover, she was gone before I could snap a photo.


I look forward to future science projects with the babies.  They are so excited to learn about the world around them.  I hope that excitement continues throughout their lifetimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment