Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 11

Today I am thankful for:

1. Our veterans- The men and women that served our county to protect the freedoms we take for granted everyday deserve our continued gratitude.

2. Our current servicemen and women- In my work with Operation: Military Kids I have had the good fortune to work with many military families.  These people are amazingly resilient and courageous...and I don't just mean the service members.  There families too!  I am so thankful that their are men and women willing to fight for our great country...and that their families support their work and make sacrifices for the greater good.

3. Freedom- I think it might be hard to be fully thankful for being free having never experienced anything other than the freedoms we enjoy as Americans.  But never the less, I am thankful for our freedoms.  I find it hard to imagine what it might be like not to know such liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment