Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 6

I am thankful for:

1. Democracy- I am so thankful to live in a country were my opinion matters, where I am free to share that opinion, where I am encouraged to act on my opinions by casting my vote.  I took my kids to vote today (actually they made three trips to the voting booth by the end of the day).  I plan to take them every year (they made their first trip last November) so that voting becomes a natural expectation for them as adults.


2. Back roads- I love back roads...especially when they are scenic and efficient.  Back roads without lines, barely paved, are rare in our parts of New Jersey.  But they still exist.  I am glad there are some of these quaint back roads on my daily route to work.

3. Food- Of course I am thankful for food...we all need it to live.  But I am specifically thankful for the abundance of inexpensive, high quality food we have in America.  Thanks to the American Farmer, we can all fill our bellies with out emptying our wallets!

No comments:

Post a Comment